Spanish Asparagus And Orange Salad
Spanish asparagus and orange salad is a dish that originates from Spain and is best served with a fine olive oil. The Spanish asparagus and orange salad can feed 2 people.
- 5 ounces of thinly sliced mozzarella di bufala cheese
- 4 large sliced plum tomatoes
- sea salt flakes for seasoning
- 1 large avocado
- 12 basil leaves or a small handful of flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 3-4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper
How to prepare:
- Arrange the sliced cheese and tomatoes randomly on two salad plates. Sprinkle on a few good pinches of sea salt flakes.
This will help draw out some of the juices from the tomatoes. Set aside in a cool place to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Just before serving, cut the avocado in half using a large sharp knife and twist to seperate. Lift out the pit and remove the peel.
- Slice the avocado flesh crosswise into half-moons, or cut it into large chunks or cubes if easier.
- Place the avocado on the salad, then sprinkle with the basil or parsley. Drizzle on the olive oil, add a little more salt, if desired, and some black pepper.
Serve the salad room temperature, with chunks of crusty Italian ciabatta.
Alternate style: Use a light sprinkling of balsamic vinegar added just before serving gives this salad a tang, while a few thinly sliced red onion rings would add extra color and flavor.