Sicilian Spaghetti With Sardines
Sicilian spaghetti with sardines is a dish that originates from the heart of Sicily. This Mediterranean meal is perfect for any seafood fan! The Sicilian spaghetti with sardines dish can feed a party of 4 people.
- 12 fresh sardines, cleaned with bone
- 1 cup of olive oil
- 1 chopped onion
- 1/4 cup of dill sprigs
- 1/2 cup of pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons of raisins, soaked in water
- 1/2 cup of fresh bread crumbs
- 1 pound of spaghetti
- all-purpose flour for dusting salt
How to prepare:
- Wash the sardines and pat dry on paper towels. Open them out flat, and cut in half lengthwise.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a pan, add the onion and fry until golden. Add the dill and cook gently for a minute or two. Add the pine nuts and raisins and season with salt. Dry-fry the bread crumbs in a frying pan until golden. Now set aside.
- Cook the spaghetti in boiling salted water according to the instructions on the package until al dente. Heat the remaining oil in a pan. Dust the sardines with flour and fry in the hot oil for 2-3 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- Drain the spaghetti and return to the pan. Add the onion mixture and toss well. Transfer the spaghetti mixture to a serving platter and arrange the fried sardines on the top. Sprinkle with the toasted bread crumbs and serve immediately.