Mushroom Chicken Paella Recipe
A good mushroom chicken paella recipe can be hard to come by! This combination of chicken, wild mushrooms and vegetables will no disappoint! This dish can feed a party of 4 people.
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 1 small sliced bulb fennel
- 3 cups of t assorted and cultivated mushrooms ( cepes, bay, boletus, chanterelles, and oyster mushrooms)
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 3 large chicken legs, chopped through the bone
- 1 3/4 cups of short grain Spanish or Italian rice
- 3 3/4 cups of boiled chicken stock
- pinch of saffron strands or 1 envelope of saffron powder
- 1 thyme sprig
- 14 ounce of drained can lima beans
- 3/4 cup of frozen peas
How to Prepare:
- Heat the olive oil gently in a 14-inch paella pan or a large frying pan. Add the onion and fennel and fry, stirring over low heat, for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and garlic, and cook until the juices begin to run, then increase the heat to evaporate the juices. Push the onion and mushrooms to one side. Add the chicken pieces and fry briefly.
- Stir in the rice, pour in the stock, then stir in the saffron, thyme, lima beans and peas. Bring to a simmer and then cook gently for 15 minutes without stirring.
- Remove from heat and cover the surface of the paella with a circle of oiled waxed paper. Cover the paper with a clean dish towel and let sit for about 5 minutes before serving this delicious mushroom chicken paella recipe!