Lamb With Red Pepper And Rioja
Lamb with red pepper and Rioja is perfect for those who enjoy a nice cup of wine with their meat. Plentiful in garlic, bell peppers, and herbs, this Mediterranean dish is packed with flavor! This version of lamb with red pepper and Rioja can feed up to 4 people.
- 2 pounds of lean lamb fillet
- 1 tablespoon of all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 2 sliced red onions
- 4 sliced garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons of paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground cloves
- 1 2/3 cups of Rioja wine
- 2/3 cup of lamb stock
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 thyme sprigs
- 3 red bell peppers, halved and seeded
- salt and black pepper
- bay leaves and thyme sprigs for garnish
- green beans and saffron rice or boiled potatoes to serve
How To Prepare:
- Preheat the oven to 325 degree fahrenheit. Cut the lamb into chunks and season the flour, add the lamb and toss lightly to coat.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and saute the lamb, stirring, until browned. Transfer to an ovenproof dish. Lightly saute the onions in the pan with the garlic, paprika, and cloves.
- Now add the Rioja, stock, bay leaves and thyme and bring to a boil, stirring. Pour the contents of the pan onto the meat. Cover with a lid and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the dish from the oven. Stir the red peppers into the stew and season lightly with salt and pepper. Bake for another 30 minutes, until the meat is tender. Garnish the stew with bay leaves and sprigs of thyme and serve with green beans and saffron rice or boiled potatoes.
Use a lean cubed pork instead of the lamb and a white Rioja wine instead of the red. A mixture of red, yellow and orange bell peppers compliment this preparation style.
Meet The Author:
My name is Veronica and I love to cook! I love sharing recipes that I use personally and I hope you love them as much as I do!