Lamb Casserole With Garlic And Fava Beans
Lamb casserole with garlic and fava beans is a wonderful choice for any Mediterranean food lover. This spanish influenced dish is based on stewing lamb with a large amount of garlic and sherry. The addition of fava beans adds more rich flavor and color. The lamb casserole with garlic and fava beans dish can feed up to 6 people.
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 3-3 1/2 of lamb filet, cut into 2-inch cubes
- 1 large chopped onion
- 6 large unpeeled garlic cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1/2 cup of dry sherry
- 4 ounces of fresh or frozen shelled fava beans
- 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh parsley
- salt and ground black pepper
How To Prepare:
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large flameproof casserole. Add half the meat and brown well on all sides. Transfer to a plate. Brown the rest of the meat in the same way and remove from the casserole.
- Heat the remaining oil in the pan, add the onion and cook for about 5 minutes until soft. Return the meat to the casserole.
- Add the garlic cloves, bay leaf, paprika and sherry. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer very gently for 1 1/2 – 2 hours, until the meat is tender.
- Add the fava beans about 10 minutes before the end of the cooking time. Stir in the parsley just before serving.