Hot Halloumi With Roasted Bell Peppers
Hot halloumi with roasted bell peppers is a dish from Cypress that became popular within the region. Perfect for feeding a party of 4 people. Hot halloumi with roasted bell peppers can be boiled or fried and can be served sliced or cubed.
- 2 red bell peppers
- 2 green bell peppers
- 2 yellow bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons of balsamic or red wine vinegar
- small handful of raisins
- 11 ounces of thickly sliced halloumi cheese
- salt and ground black pepper
- flat-leaf parsley for garnish
- sesame seed bread
How To Prepare:
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees fahrenheit. Cut all the peppers in quarters, discard the cores and seeds, then place cut side down on a nonstick baking sheet.
Roast for 15 to 20 minutes until the skins start to blacken and blister. Take out and cover with layers of paper towels. Set aside for 30 minutes, and peel off the skins.
Save any roasting juices and mix these with the peppers.
- Pour about 2 tablespoons of olive oil over the peppers. Add the vinegar and raisins, with salt and pepper to taste. Toss lightly and let the mixture cool down.
- When you are ready to serve, divide the pepper salad among four plates. Heat olive oil to a depth of about 1/4 inch in a large heavy frying pan.
Fry the halloumi slices over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes until golden while turning them halfway through cooking.
- Drain the halloumi thoroughly on paper towels and serve with the roasted peppers, a parsley garnish and chunks of sesame seed bread.