Greek Lamb Sausages With Tomato Sauce
Greek lamb sausages With tomato sauce or “Soudzoukakia” is a very popular dinner in Greece and is made for many occasions. Soudzoukakia or Greek lamb sausages with tomato sauce can feed up to 4 people.
- 1 cup of fresh bread crumbs
- 2/3 cup of milk
- 1 1/2 pounds of ground lamb
- 2 tablespoons of grated onion
- 3 crushed garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons of ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons of fresh chopped parsley
- all-purpose flour for dusting
- olive oil for frying
- 2 1/2 cups of passata or tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 peeled small onion
- salt and ground black pepper
- flat-leaf parsley for garnish
How To Prepare:
- Combine the bread crumbs and milk. Add the lamb, onion, garlic, cumin and parsley and season with salt and pepper.
- Shape the mixture with your hands into little fat sausages, about 2 inches long, and roll them in flour. Heat about 1/4 cup of olive oil in a frying pan.
- Fry the sausages for about 8 minutes, turning them until evenly browned. Remove and place on paper towels to drain.
- Put the passata, sugar, bay leaves and whole onion in a pan and simmer for 20 minutes. Add the sausages and cook for 10 more minutes. Serve garnished with the parsley!
Meet The Author
My name is Tonya and cooking is my passion! I you enjoy this recipe as much as I did!