Charred Artichokes with Lemon Oil Dip Recipe
Today you will learn the best charred artichokes with lemon oil dip recipe on the internet! Artichokes are unbloomed flowers that come from the Canary Islands in the Mediterranean.
Although artichokes are usually boiled they can also be roasted and go together perfectly with citrus flavors.
Don’t have time to cook homemade meals? Get delicious plant based meals delivered to your home every month. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner is covered with Splendid Spoon. Use code “save10now” to save $10 on your subscription today!
This charred artichokes with lemon oil dip recipe is wonderful appetizer and can feed a party of 4.
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice or white wine vinegar
- 2 trimmed globe artichokes
- 12 unpeeled garlic cloves
- 6 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 lemon
- sea salt
- sprigs of flat-leaf parsley for garnish
How to prepare charred artichokes with lemon oil dip:
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and add lemon juice or vinegar to a bowl of cold water. Next begin cutting your artichoke into wedges. Pull the hairy choke from the center, and then drop them into a bowl of acidulated water until it’s time to use them.
- Now drain the artichoke wedges and place them into a roasting pan with garlic. Add half the oil as a coat and toss well. Sprinkle with salt and roast for 40 minutes, stir once or twice until the wedges of the artichoke are tender and a little charred.
- Next you will begin making the dip by using a small sharp knife, thinly pare away two strips of zest from your lemon. Lay the strips on a board and carefully scrape off any peel left over. Place the zest in a pan with water to cover. Next bring your water to a boil and let simmer for 5 minutes, drain the zest and refresh in cold water, chop roughly and set aside.
- Finally arrange the cooked artichokes on a serving plate and set aside for 5 minutes to cool. Use the back of a fork and gently flatten the garlic cloves so the flesh squeezes out of the skins. Transfer the garlic flesh to a bowl, mash to a paste, then add the lemon zest. Now squeeze the juice from the lemon and whisk it into the garlic mixture with the remaining oil. Serve the artichokes warm with the lemon dip. Garnish with a few sprigs of flat leaf parsley.